Sunday, June 21, 2015

Lessons from Good Old Cliff

In honor of Father's Day, today's blog is dedicated to my favorite man, my daddy, CLIFF!

If you have ever had the honor of hanging out with him, you know he's a well of knowledge coated in hilarity and sincerity.

If you have not, rest easy, this post will serve as a pseudo-meeting to hold you over until you hopefully get a taste of the real thing, as I share some of my favorite lessons from my pops.

Ground Beef is THE star of the kitchen
Okay, this one is less of a lesson, and more of an opportunity to poke fun. My sister and I joke that he has the appetite of a 12-year-old boy. However, shout out goes to this guy for making the most uses of ground beef, and single highhandedly keeping the ground beef market afloat.

How to Fight
Granted, I've never been in a physical altercation, but I am more than prepared thanks to my a dad. He's famously quoted for saying,  "Don't let nobody walk up on you, tag 'em!" or for refusing to use drive-thru ATM's in case he, "has to fight."  I may have never had to apply these lessons, but rest assured, not even Mr. Miyagi could give better fighting advice. Ya'll don't want none.

Go To Work
He (and my mom)  drilled into me since I was young that you have to work for what you want. He did not tell me to marry rich, or rely on a man to do it for me. He taught me how to do it myself. I'm most grateful for this lesson.

Stand Up for What's Right
Ever since I was young, I always found myself trying to fix situations concerning people or issues. If I did not like something, I tried to change it, or at least voice that it should be changed. Although he never outright spoke it, he taught me this lesson. He also stands for what he believes in, and does not bow down to anyone regardless of title or power. He fights for those who cannot fight for themselves, and loves everyone. Basically, Cliff's a superhero.

Remain Youthful
Sweet Cliff turned the big 60 this year, but he's still young at heart. He's the living example of "you're as young as you feel". You'll catch him quoting Family Guy, playing with all the children at church, or playing pranks on the family. One thing he's never lost, was his youthful zest for life, and I am proud to have inherited that trait from him.

What A Real Man Is
Any man that can live a house of us Perrin women is a champion in my eyes. My dad always respects our mom and did everything he is capable of for our family. He serves God, gives us the best and will exhaust himself before he sees his family go without. He is not shy to correct us, even if it does not feel good at first. He can laugh at himself and slay a meal on the grill. He's the greatest.


I am very fortunate to have my dad in my life. This Father's Day if your father is in yours get in contact with them and let them know how much you appreciate him, he may need it more than you know!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS